Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back Home!

Hello Readers,

Well as most of you know I'm back in Houston. It has been wonderful being back. I'm enjoying the a/c and although it's somewhat hot in my mind I'm always saying "it's not as bad as India". These are some things I'm not missing: the heat, the touts, the traffic, the noise, the smells, the showering with buckets, the wearing bug spray everyday.

Apart from all this the experience was amazing. I loved the buildings, the architecture, the history, the diversity of the people, the colorful saris, the carefree nature of my trip. I had been looking forward to India for such a long time that now I can't believe that I've lived it. It was more than visiting as a tourist, I had the opportunity to live in an Indian city for three weeks and interact with people on a day to day basis. I met wonderful and interesting people. Through my travels the most evident lesson became that life isn't easy for any of us. Whether we live in India or the US; whether we have money or desperately need it we all face challenges. This might seem like a downer to some, but to me it's comforting in a way. It's good to know that people face obstacles even larger than the ones I face and they make it! They do it with positive attitudes and maintain an optimism that inspires me to live a better life. Also, I can't help but think that because of these challenges relationships become so important. It's been through the support of family and friends that I've been able to reach this point in my life.

Well I will stop with all this mushy stuff for the blog but I just want everyone to know how thankful I am for my life. I am truly blessed.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Damo said...

Hi Cristina,
I'm heading to Vellore in a couple of months with my partner and have a few questions I'd love to email you if you would like to contact me via email - damien.green@gmail.com


I've cross-posted this on your classmates blogs hoping to get a response from someone, hope that is ok :)

It's just a few questions about what is the hostel like, access to internet, random living questions etc! :)

Regards,
Damo, Australia